Wednesday 8 October 2014

D2 review progress on a personal development plan, identifying areas for improvement. [RL3]



PDP Evaluation D2


Pass my Driving Theory test before the end of the year
Although I haven’t completed this, I have taken steps to completing it, just not within the specified timeframe. I have been reading the Highway Code and been taking mock theory tests on the internet; I did this to practice for when I take the real theory test, to prepare myself. 

I could have improved by organising to sit the theory test and could have started revising for the test earlier, because I took my time revising and doing mock theories I’m not as prepared as I could have been if I would have started doing those earlier

Get a Christmas job
I have been applying for jobs in most major shops/businesses in my local area and also sufficiently updated my CV (updated the qualifications section and put more relevant information on it) before applying for these jobs but have not heard back from anywhere so far. Although this means I can’t complete my short term goal ‘Get a Christmas job’ it has helped me take steps to reach my medium term goal ‘Get a part time job’.

I could have improved by applying for more jobs outside of my local area, as just applying for jobs in the local area is restricting the possibility of getting a job. I could also have applied for jobs a lot soon, for example in the summer, this would have given me more time to look for more jobs and also could have meant I start work sooner.

Get D in all units on year one IT Level 3 course.
I’m currently still working towards this goal as the deadline is at the end of the course. I’m making sufficient progress with Distinctions in 1 unit and working towards Distinction in the others.

Completing this short term goal will help to work towards my medium term goal of ‘Get on to year 2 of my IT Level 3 course’.

Get D in Unit 1.
I’ve completed this short term goal by getting completing all Pass, Merit and Distinction assignments for Unit 1 Communication and Employability.

Get D in Unit 2.
I’m currently working towards completing this short term goal by working on completing all Pass work so I then have plenty of time to complete the Merit and then Distinction work.

Get D in Unit 3.
I’m hoping to achieve Distinction in this unit but with time running short I may have to settle for Merit, even Merit will still help me to get D* overall.

Get D in Unit 7.
I’m working towards Distinction in this unit and am making sufficient progress to attain my desired result.

Get D in Unit 10.
I am 1 Merit piece of work away from attaining Distinction overall in this unit, this will help me to complete my short term goal related to this.

Get D in Unit 20.
I’m working towards Distinction in this unit by completing my website design ahead of schedule and also completing any written work given as soon as possible.

Get D in Unit 43.
For this unit I’m required to learn Flash which I am doing, I’m currently working towards completing my project giving me more time to clear up the Distinction and Merit work.

No comments:

Post a Comment